Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm Sold--It is Magic!


Isn't it a thing of beauty? I had heard many good things about the mysterious Magic Eraser. A lady I know used this amazing product to remove dried lipstick marks from walls and cabinets that her young son had lovingly painted for her. I saw a sample size on sale and I bought it. I used it once or twice for marks on the wall but they were the kind of marks that I think a damp rag would have removed so I wasn't impressed. Months later the real test came. We replaced the countertops in both our bathrooms. J used the existing countertop as a template to cut the sink hole for the new one. He used a permanent marker to outline where the hole would be cut on the top of the countertop. Then he noticed that the old sink hole was off center by three inches and he drew a new hole exactly in the center. Unfortunately we still had the previous permanent marker line from the first attempt. J asked if I knew how to remove it. I grabbed the finger nail polish remover, which had never failed to remove permanent marker before. It failed this time! It lightened the mark some, but it was still obviously there. Our brand new beautiful countertop appeared to be ruined! I searched the web for some ideas and someone mentioned the Magic Eraser. I recalled that I had one hiding under the kitchen sink somewhere. We got it out and gave it a try and to our delight and amazement it came off perfectly! I am now a huge Magic Eraser fan! It saved us from ruining our brand new countertop!



PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to leave a comment and you do not have a Google account, please choose the option that says "Name/URL" and leave at least your first name. I will delete all comments marked "Anonymous" without even reading them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, it's pretty amazing. I used it to remove graffiti from a park we frequented regularly. I was very impressed. I'm glad it worked for you when you needed it! Congrats on the new counter top!

J. Folken said...

Also, you can get the generic version of these at Aldi, I think 6 for $1.50. But I haven't tested them on anything huge to see if they work to the same effect.

I have some permanent marker on binders that I need to remove. I'll try these ideas...